At Sugar Hill Wellness, we utilize the Spinecor brace, a revolutionary new concept in the treatment of scoliosis. In the past, braces for scoliosis were rigid structures that applied pressure on the spine to force it into a more normal position. The Spinecor brace works in a completely different way. It’s not rigid and does not force the spine to move.
This is the first and only truly dynamic brace, used for progressive correction of Idiopathic Scoliosis from 15-degree Cobb angles and above. The Spinecor brace allows proprioceptive input, an essential component of neuromuscular re-education. This brace also provides relief from muscle strain caused by chronic changes in posture and delivers relief from chronic pain. It’s been effective in 89 percent of cases, with stabilization or improvement in the angle of the curve. Clinical experience also shows better cosmetic results and better compliance than with traditional braces.
• Treatment based on the latest understanding of the cause and progression of Idiopathic Scoliosis.
• More acceptable treatment to patients. It’s cooler to wear, less restrictive and more easily concealed under clothing. The Spinecor brace requires only 4 hours out-of-brace time per day.
• No side effects. Rigid braces cause muscle atrophy. They can be harmful to normal development in a growing child.
• When treatment is started early, results are excellent.
• Excellent stability of results, post-bracing.
• Neuromuscular integration for maintenance of improved posture.
• Potential to reduce need for surgical intervention.